Monday, November 7, 2011

2011-11-07 Volume

(took the last 2 off due to hip, and last Tuesday due to work)

Warmup - Usual

Squat: 45, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275, 315
5x3 - 345lbs
Not great, but still finished without any real risk of missing reps.

Floorcrusher:
3x5 - 82.5lbs

DB Row:
3x8ea - 70lbs
Getting slightly better

Rollout:
3x5
The nerve entrapment issue seems to be causing some pain on these. It got better as I did more sets.

DB Protraction - 3x10, 15lbs (really focused on scapular retraction and depression here, which made it feel a lot more like a good bench rep)
DB Retraction - 3x10, 15lbs
Posterior Cap Stretch - 3x~10. Right side now has a lot more ROM than left, lol. Will start doing both (or trying to).
Prone Internal Rotation - 3x10, 5sec hold. Last few on the last set had the muscle actually cramping, which is a good sign.

Went in feeling dejected, non-motivated, etc. - basically wanting to quit. After lifting and talking with other serious guys I feel a lot better.

So uh

Yeah

Turns out lifting literally makes me happy no matter how terrible my diet and day in general have been

Also, I was craving steak on the way out so I think I'm probably going to rethink the carb-up approach. Maybe just eat more fruit or something, iono.

No comments:

Post a Comment