Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Testosterone

I'm looking into dietary ways to increase testosterone levels. Thus far, I'm getting:

1) Zinc and Magnesium are important, ZMA's not necessary.
2) Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Cabbage reduce estradiol levels
3) Garlic is awesome
4) Sun exposure or vitamin D supplementation - >2000 IU per day is ideal. Sun exposure for 30-60 minutes gives around 5-10x this and tans you up too, which is good for me because of my hilarious farmer's tan
5) Interval Training
6) Weightlifting, especially when done with high volume and short rests
7) Horny Goat Weed. Icaarin levels equivalent to roughly 900mg/day produced dramatic testosterone increases in rats. This will have to wait until I have a job; getting it from Horny Goat Weed supplements (10%) would run $50/mo, isolate powders (usually 40%) would run more like $300/mo, and the tests to see if it's having a hormonal effect are about $150 each.
8) Talking to and sleeping with attractive women. Oh, right. Talking to guys actually helps as well.
9) Winning, presumably.
10) Olive Oil (helps with cholesterol absorption)
11) Apparently caffeine right before training can help
12) More and longer cold showers/baths. Wonderful.

Most of these line up with my plans either way. Right now my total testosterone around 11am (waking up at 10) comes in at 600ng/dL; normal for sub-25 is more like 700 (150 sigma). I'd like to get a more comprehensive set of labs in future (total, free, weakly bound, SHBG, and estradiol; total, free, and estradiol at minimum). Realistically I think I can hit 800ng/dL on waking; >900 would be excellent, but that'll take some word. If I can get it over 1,000 I'd be really, really stoked, but since the point is partly to fix risk aversion and improve my performance with girls, I suspect I'd already have all of the desired benefits by the time I hit this.

No comments:

Post a Comment