Sunday, April 24, 2011

2011-04-24 Squat and Press

Warmup - as always

Squat: 45x6, 95, 135, 185, 225
300lbs - 3x5
Form was a tad off here - my weight was shifting forward onto the balls of my feet for most of the reps, and warmups took way too long because I started out with my stance too wide and couldn't figure out why I was unable to hit depth.
May have gotten somewhat psyched up, but it was more of an automatic thing than the forced state I had for the 405 Dead.
Based on this, I think I probably can hit 315+ before I have a legitimate failure, which is nice (320 is the earliest I'm willing to go down to 3x4, though I intend to push 3x5 out for as long as I can). I think having a cheat day yesterday helped - I may go ahead and try the Emevas take on carb cycling, lol (probably summer only).

Press: 45, 95
135lbs - 3x5
After the squats I knew I'd get these. The final rep had a bit more layback than the rest, but w/e.

DB Row:
90lbs - 5/5, 5/5, 5/5
Got better lat engagement on my right side this time, possibly because I've been paying attention to how I move my right arm, keeping my shoulder blade locked down, etc..

Weighted Plank:
45lbs - 5x30sec
30 seconds between. Not sure if I'll switch to 1 minute in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment