Monday, March 22, 2010

2010-03-22 DE Lower

I should clarify that my schedule's offset by a day until the guys who'll be spotting me on Board Press get back from Spring Break. Their schedule was ****ed up and then they left. Gragh.

Started waving my DE Box Squats. Upped the weight by a fair bit, which was a huge challenge for about the first two sets and then suddenly turned into LAUGHABLE speed weight. Helps that I got fired up; faint suspicion that DE Lower is the key to my motivation.

Interestingly, I actually did get my conditioning back up fast enough that this wasn't a complete murderfest. Seems not taking the elevator UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES works for this sort of thing...when you live on the 6th floor.

Low Box Squat w/ Lights: 45, 45, 95, 135
12x2 - 185lbs
Used to do these with 165 every week. Key to making this easy weight is to breath properly. Don't use belt (or Valsalva, or some other means of elevating IAP) and they suck and hurt my back; do (which for me excludes the belt by default - Stupid Raw), and it shoots up. I'm serious, there's nothing more gratifying than locking a speed rep out so fast that the bar bounces up to high bar.
Since it went fast, worked up:
Free Squat Singles: 225, 275, 275
225 felt like ****; 275s both felt great. Once again: bar started out low, wound up jumping to high bar at lockout. Fun (this actually happened at the meet, too, lol).

Speed Pulls w/ Black Shorts: 8x1 w/ 185lbs
Once again, breathing is the key. I was actually worn out enough at this point that I wasn't as anal on form as I should have been, though.
I need to set a nice PR so I can go up to 50% of it instead of using the same weight here as for squats.

Good Morning:
185lbs - 8 w/ Close Stance
205lbs - 8 w/ Medium Stance
225lbs - 6, 6 w/ Medium Stance
Dear ****ing god I hate doing GMs for reps.
Bar was coming up onto my neck here, too.

Pinch Grip Deadlift:
25lbs - 8
30lbs - 8
35lbs - 8, 8, 8, 8
Set these up by stacking 2.5lb plates behind the 25lb for the time being.

Standing Cable Crunch:
15x 40, 50, 50, 50
Have to lock my feet down with 35lb DBs to do these properly.
My abs are going to hate me in the morning.
Going for 60lbs next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment