Wednesday, March 31, 2010

2010-03-31 DE Lower

The Immortal lives.

Dieselcrew Shoulder Warmup

Box Squat w/ Lights: 45, 95, 135, 185
12x2 - 195lbs
Second reps were getting slower towards the end and the first set sucked ass form-wise.
Need to focus on driving the floor apart.

Squat:
225lbs - 2, 2
250lbs - 1
275lbs - 1
Need to get into the habit of driving my head back into my traps. This alone would probably have enabled me to get 325 last week.
No workup next week, even if the speed work is fast.

Speed Pull w/ Monster Mini Shorts:
8x1 - 185lbs
Decent, but I'd calmed down by the time I hit these.

Front Squat: 5x135
185lbs - 4, 4, 4, 4
Question: What's the probable weak point of a guy who fails his squats right out of the hole, his deads right off the floor, and never trains his quads?
Answer: His quads.
Fairly sure that a significant part of the issue here is just wrist mobility, and that I'd be able to get higher if I had a harness or a stingray, but it's pretty damn sad that I am currently only SLIGHTLY better at this movement than I was a year ago. I mean, it's not as though my other lifts are monstrously ahead of where they were a year ago, but at least they went UP.

Pinch-Grip Deadlift:
35lbs - 8, 8, 8, 8, 8+20
Decided to just go to death on the last set.
"I think I need to add more weight."
Funnily enough, I stopped at 20 because my ass was so cramped that my grip almost gave out before I managed to actually flex at the hip to put the weight down.

Cable Crunch:
60lbs - 15, 15, 15, 15, 8
The last couple of 15s were probably more like 10s, given that I didn't really feel the last few reps anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment