Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quick Update

Updating training schedule to:

Friday - ME Lower
Sunday - ME Upper
Tuesday - DE Lower
Thursday - DE Upper

Won't be using Board Press as a supplemental movement for DE Upper any time soon (using Incline and Strict Press). ME Lower will benefit from having guys there who I can hopefully train to do some basic encouragement, and ME Upper requires the spot.

This was partially influenced by my having craptons of work to do tonight and not wanting to go in for DE Lower, but I've yet to have a real problem finding a DE Bench spot and will probably perform better on ME lifts if I feel as though I'm being judged by someone whose opinion actually matters to me.

I am, however, going to nip over the RSF with a tape measure so I can figure out how much chain (if any) I need to buy for the SGMs. Extra hip/low back training stimulus is a hell of a lot more important to me than any kind of practice dealing with the bar rolling up onto my neck during a squat - so far, "Bar rolls up" and "Jon misses lift" have been 100% mutually inclusive, and I'd honestly rather just get my form somewhere worthwhile.

I may squat again this week and try for 320.

No comments:

Post a Comment