Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Upcoming Culinary Stuff

1) Actual curries
2) Coq au Vin made with chicken leg confit (in duck fat). I think sous vide/confit has potential here, though it'll probably need some edits.
3) Actual pastries. I've been making and eating a lot of straight chantilly cream recently for a temporary bump in fat intake; it's probably time I expanded that.
4) Mexican. For now I only have a small tortilla press (thus limited to tacos...and chili), but I can work from there. The larger one is another $25 but ships faster, so I can work with that one I can have the cash spare.
5) Burger Night #2, using the stuff mentioned previously. I'm looking forward to this one. Incidentally, I may try replacing the bacon with thin-sliced salt pork (similar flavors - and I can home-smoke if I want to - but can be sliced square). I'm also looking into getting more griddles (and getting rid of the old one). The plan here is $5 cover with 4oz and 8oz burgers, homemade buns (spongy for 4oz, stronger for 8oz), cheese that I've either Hestonized or melted, poured into thin layers, cooled, and cut into slices, bacon/salt pork, onions, pickles, and mushrooms. Possibly homemade ketchup.
6) This: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seattlefoodgeek/sansaire-sous-vide-circulator-for-199
Once this is available for full sale, I'll probably just sell the Sous Vide Supreme and buy two.

I still need to sell and replace the roasting trays, lasagna pan, and the nonsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment