Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2011-07-12 Squat and Press, and plans


Form's quite different with a belt. Takes some getting used to.

Squat: 45x2, 95, 135, 185, 225; Add Belt; 275
335 - 5, 3, 2
Need to work on keeping the bar back properly. Probably had another rep or two in me for the second sets but falling forward (partly due to the belt...I think...) shut me down a bit.
Waiting for a response on whether or not I can store an SSB and Trap Bar at the RSF. I want my answer sooner rather than later, people...guh.

Press: 45, 95
150lbs - 5, 5, 4
My right shoulder's still weirding up a bit, but it wasn't enough to stop me here.
Whee.

Pull-Ups:
5, 3, 3
Yaaaaay.
Consistent bodyweight ftw.

Weighted Plank:
75lbs - 2x30sec, 30sec rest
Shoulder started complaining after the second one so I finished early.

Face Pull:
20lbs - 2x15

Jeremy suggested I consider a texas method run. At this point I'm more than just considering it.

It's basically either Trap Bar + SSB or Texas Method as far as I'm concerned. 5/3/1 might work out but I'm making pretty phenomenal progress on my Bench and Press right now.

Hell, the Bench and Press parts are why I want the SSB+TBL approach over the TM right now.

...but yeah, I think it's gotten to the stage that setting legit PRs with sets across is beyond me, psychologically if not physically. SSB+TBL gets around that by bringing up weak points and getting a running start on progress; TM does it with the single intensity set.

Also, using the belt properly = my face almost exploded

No comments:

Post a Comment