Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012-01-12 Squat 3s

Warmup - Usual

Box Squat: 45, 45, 95, 135, 185
3x 245, 280, 315
Probably could have gone for more on the 315, but I'm playing around with grip widths and such. Did those sets with my grip set just outside of the rings from the start of setup; this resulted in the bar nearly sliding off my back on the first 315 rep and my having to set up again.
My temptation to just switch to high bar grows. >.>

Box Squat:
5x10 - 135lbs
My shapeness has improved
Realized that the grip issue is probably due to my not using my usual trick of setting up with a wide grip and then bringing it in before I unrack the bar. Went to index fingers on the rings using this and seemed to reduce the nerve issues in my elbow.
Last few reps of each set were done with thoracic rounding and a really wide grip due to exhaustion, which is better than last week where almost every rep was done like that
Still working on driving up properly, though looking at some of the better Russian lifters has me suspecting that the more Rippetoe-ish squat might be ideal for raw work (not sure how to describe the difference between that and what I'm going for but w/e)

Didn't do ab work because I'm cutting myself off at an hour and the 5x10 left my abs feeling like I'd done some rollouts anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment