Sunday, May 6, 2012

Log - 5/5/2012

I think it's time to start chalking my deadlifts.

Warmup - As usual. My hamstring flexibility is improving - I can almost force myself into an straight-leg deadlift stance without losing lumbar position now.

Deadlift - 135x5, 185x5, 225x3, 275x1, 315x1.5, 335x1
5x5 - 255lbs
Grip is becoming a limiting factor on these. The reps themselves are very easy, though, so I guess it's time to bring out the chalk.
I'll try a 315 single with the chalk and see how it goes; if it works out, we'll keep doing those, otherwise I'll just switch to mixed grip and take the weight higher.

I'm going to start integrating Fatgripz Partials into the end-of-day circuit. I'm not sure if I'll do this exclusively on deadlift days.

Bench - 45x5, 95x5, 155x1
5x5 - 125lbs
This was bizarrely tiring.
The single was very easy, though. I'm going to take it up roughly in time with the work sets.

Blast Strap Chin Holds
5x10s
These had me in various stages of failure, though; the first hold was at the top, but the others had me gradually sliding down.

Pilates:
5x5 - "The Complete"
Marching, but with thoracic flexion and some oblique recruitment, followed by a transversus abdominis maneuver that gets more raised eyebrows than supine bridges ever have. Since I can do these 5x5 now, it's probably time to start doing them on a roller.

No comments:

Post a Comment