Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mild Diet Revision

One thing I didn't realize about intermittent fasting is that after a while, you simply stop feeling hungry. The 4-hour window dictated by the Warrior Diet might sound like a terrible limitation, but I can say from my experience yesterday that after not eating for an extended period of time - especially overnight - you (or at least, I) basically have one low-carb meal and I'm done. Yesterday was this week's lower-calorie day - I got through my probably-larger-than-it-should-have-been "lunch" (T-Bone steak and roughly a pound of lamb sirloin) and was then essentially unable to eat anything until I went to sleep. Duly noted - limiting myself to a pound of meat for that lunch. Possibly less, if it's on the fattier side.

However, in light of the discovery that I can realistically eat nothing for 36 hours and then only manage one low-carb meal, I'm going to attempt an alternative arrangement:

Sunday - Medium Dinner
Monday - Small "lunch" and massive dinner. (8-hour window) (TRAIN)
Tuesday - Massive dinner
Wednesday - Small "lunch" and massive dinner. (8-hour window) (TRAIN)
Thursday - Massive dinner
Friday - Full-day fast
Saturday -  Textbook Rampage day (TRAIN)

The inconvenience of Friday will (in theory) be offset by my eating carbs fairly constantly on Saturday. I'll give the current setup another week and limit myself with Monday's lunch, but...yeah.

Also, Rampage Day will be shifted forward next week - apparently boyfriends are included in Mother's Day celebrations, so I get to go to an extremely fancy buffet, at which I will gorge as I have never gorged before (...or, rather, in recent memory. I'm sure I've gorged more heavily at some point in the past, but that remains to be seen).

No comments:

Post a Comment