Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2/5/2013

This was a good day, a late day, and a day partially marred by my refusal to start chatting up a fitstaff member who was almost certainly at least receptive to being chatted up. I need to work on those last two (particularly the lattermost, with the added note that in this case I had literally nothing to lose because I don't generally train late and likely will never see her again).

Oh well, squats.

Warmup - thigh rolling and then usual

Squat -
5x 45 (x5), 95 (x3), 135, 185, 225, 275
1x 315 (x2), 335 (x2), 345 (x4), 355
It turns out that the secret to my squat is essentially "pretend you're doing high bar and sit straight the fuck down."
A few of the 345s were particularly funny because I'd feel my hips shooting up, pause in the middle of the rep, and adjust my position back to perfect. I imagine a few of the people watching found it very odd.

Bench -
5x 45 (x5), 95 (x3), 135, 160
1x 185 (x3), 195 (x2), 205 (x3)
Repeated the first two until they felt right. 205 was kinda back and forth, though I can't remember which ones were good and which not.

Deadlift -
5x 185 (x3), 225
1x 285 (x9)
These were a lot faster. I'm taking a bit longer during the setup (really getting my feet set with knees slightly bent, grinding them into the floor, taking an extra second or so during setup to emphasize upper back rounding and low back neutral, then taking the tension out of the bar for a bit longer than previously to ensure it actually happens). I'm guessing it's either that or today's lower squat volume.

GHR -
4
Need to go back to stretching my calves beforehand. Also need to get some massage work done on them.

Diesel #2 - 7.5lbs, mini, 2 runs at 12 reps. Need a mini really badly for the external rotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment