Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catch-Up from dead internet

ME Upper:

DB Press: 30s
5x5 - 60s
Fairly easy.
I'll do this for the next two weeks, then switch to dips when I cycle over to Bench for ME.

Pull-Up:
10, 8, 5, 5, 5
5mins between the DB Press and the first set, 2.5 mins between first and second, 2mins between 2nd and 3rd, 1.5 mins for the rest. This may or may not have significantly affected performance.

Seated DB Clean:
22.5s - 10, 10, 10, 10, 7
Cheating. Repeating weight.

Face Pull:
3x8 - 20lbs
Used the short strap here. Bad choice.

Plate Halo:
2x10 - 25lb Plate

All the accessory work here gets cycled over when I Bench for ME.
----

SE Lower:

Squat: 135, 185, 225
7x2 - 280lbs
Started out bad, got better as sets progressed.

Deadlift: 135, 225
5x1 - 275lbs
Feeling decent.

Front Squat: 135
5x5 - 215lbs
Time to spend 3 weeks on Rack Pulls. Yay.

Experimented with some upper back stuff:
"Thoracic RDLs" - 10x185
Bent-Over BB Shrug: 4x10 - 135lbs
Going to try doing DB Shrugs on an incline bench next week. Will cycle with either shrugs or Kroc Rows.

Rollouts:
10, 9, 6
...got tired, wanted to go home, cut these short by two sets.

---

SE Upper:

Bench: 45, 95, 135
7x2 - 170lbs
Felt very good. I'm beginning to fully grasp the importance of getting the feeling of "folding" my upper back into the mid/lower, and keeping my feet relatively far up the bench during setup. Also getting better at engaging the lats on the way down. Most of these were pretty solid reps.

Press: 45
3x5 - 120lbs
Realized after I'd finished this that doing so has fucked up the accessory work rotation for my bench cycle. Unless I can find someone to hold boards for Board Press tomorrow, it looks like I'm doing two weeks of Floor Press for the 5x5.

Blast Strap Push-Up:
10, 10, 10, 8, 6
Switching to DB Floor for 2 weeks.

DB Row:
5x10 - 40lbs
First time doing these in a while. Figured out after the 3rd set that I have to set my lat before grabbing the dumbbell for the 2nd side (currently doing the Left first, 'cuz it's weaker).
Great feeling in upper back afterwards, though I suspect that this may have contributed to the squat issue on Monday.

Plate Halo:
2x10 - 25lbs

---

ME Lower

Pissed off about this. Definitely had the PR in me, could probably have nailed it easily, but a combination of bad circumstances, general fatigue from walking for upwards of 3 hours a day for the past 4 days, and lack of thoracic mobility (finally found a place other than front squats that this comes to bite me in the ass) gimped out the set.

Squat: 135, 135
3x 185, 225, 275
2x 325
Pretty much the second I finished the 275 set, some fat woman comes in and tells us we have to clear out of the good room because some program's reserved it (...10pm? Wuh?). When I asked when these people would arrive, she ignored me and walked out, so I just picked up my stuff and moved to the other room ("Fuck it, you kick me out, you clean up my plates."). Loaded up the bar with 325 in rubberized polygonal plates, got distracted by a friend, then proceeded to get further distracted because some 6ft black guy with a goofy grin on his face insisted on dancing and doing push-ups in the area I was using to psyche up. This asshole then proceeded to start unloading my bar until I intervened, at which point he realized that the pissed-off guy in the EliteFTS shirt who LOADED the bar might, in fact, be the one planning to use it at some point, and finally backed off.
Went through the psyche-up motions, got myself up, unracked it like air, got the first rep, then lost position on the second rep because I couldn't drive my traps back. Being in the bad room with bad music and surrounded by bad people, I decided to just call it quits. Very annoyed about this, going to make an effort to get in earlier on Mondays for the rest of the summer so that this stupid bullshit doesn't get in the way again.
Also, I appear to have spontaneously developed a mild prejudice against goofily grinning black people (and am typing this in a room filled with them, because they apparently congregate in the student center). Hopefully this goes away soon, but DAMN do I find these fuckers annoying now. Note that those not showing any teeth don't get on my nerves, but they appear to be in the minority at Cal right now. x.x

GHR:
25lbs - 8, 7, 6
Shite. Probably because I forgot to wait after the squats and just jumped right in the second I'd unloaded the bar.

RDL: 135
5x10 - 155lbs
Good feeling in hamstrings and low back, mild sensation in mid/upper back. Yay, keeping these. Should also help my grip.

Iso Hold:
5x20count - 95lb DB
...honestly wasn't hard enough. Maybe it only starts kicking in around the 25count mark, or something.

Rollouts:
5x5
Didn't really want to overwork it here, though I was definitely feeling these by the last set.

Need to work on thoracic mobility, eat more, start contrast showering again, etc.. Fortunately, the odds are very high that I can get 350x1 eveni f I didn't get the full triple at 325, so I'm not calling this a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment