Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Log - 4/17/2012

Diet update: Started mixing Whey and Casein together for shakes. The shakes aren't particularly palatable (though they're certainly tastier than the plain whey ones), but are "good enough," as they don't make me retch and become tolerable with salt. I doubt this will have a huge effect on my results, but the expense increase isn't anything noteworthy.

Today's training went well, especially considering that I only got 3 hours of sleep last night.

Warmup - omitted bridges and GHRs due to the risk of someone else stealing my equipment

Deadlift: 135x5, 185x5, 225x1, 275x1, 315x1 (alternated)
5x5 - 235lbs
I'm not sure that I could have taken 315 double overhand either way, but I believe that some of the bars at the RSF are getting "loose" and rotate too easily relative to the collars. I'm also fairly sure that the one I was using today was somewhat smoother than the ones in the Annex, presumably because people are scared to go in the Annex thanks to people like me (when I'm lifting heavy, at least - I can't imagine anyone being scared off by the weights I'm currently using). Most of these sets were done with about two minutes' rest; it seems I can probably continue doing this without much issue, and suspect that it will enhance my weight loss somewhat.
I'm starting to get the hang of the eccentric for touch and go - both sides now contact the floor at about the same time.

Bench: 45x5, 95x1, 135x1
5x5 - 105lbs
Hilarious.

Chin-Up Holds:
3x 5-8s
I appear to have developed a significant trigger point in my upper back.

I also need to stop neglecting my ab work and shoulder prehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment