Saturday, April 21, 2012

Log - 4/21/2012

Fatigue is starting to set in; I may actually take an extra rest day this week (i.e. not just go every other day the way I have been - part of that's a matter of convenience, but still).

Warmup

Deadlift - 135x5, 185x5, 225x1, 275x1, 315x0.5, 1
5x5 - 240lbs
Got 315 past my knees double-overhand, then put it back down and immediately pulled an easy single mixed.
Grip was giving out on the 240 sets too (this is part of my indication that I need to take some extra rest, honestly).

Bench: 45x5, 95x1, 145x1
5x5 - 110lbs
These are getting easier, which leads me to believe that I'm not activating my abs properly.
Some mild shoulder discomfort on a few sets; the issue appears to be related to tightness.

Chin Holds:
5s, 10s, 10s, 10s, 10s
Doing reps to get up now.
I'm going to set up the Blast Straps to do these in future; they should be ok if I set them up the way I have been but then thread them through the adjustable pull-up handles at the back of the rack. I was getting sufficient elbow and shoulder discomfort today that I think the switch will be a good idea.

I then left and ate three pounds of icecream in about ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment