Friday, April 20, 2012

Log - 4/19/2012

I was unbelievably tired going into this - which is odd, because I actually caught up on sleep somewhat last night.

Warmup

Squat: 45x5, 95x5, 135x5, 185x1, 225x1, 275x1 (paused in hole)
5x5 - 200lbs
As usual, the work sets got better as they went. That said, this was a lot harder than it should have been - not even weight-wise, I was just so fucking exhausted for some reason.

Press: 45x5, 95x1
5x5 - 80lbs
Increasing the single weight next time. I'll probably do 135, just for kicks.

Chins:
5 10-second holds (getting easier)
1 pretty excellent full rep
Wanted to try doing these without a fixed wrist angle, but it the blast straps are too long to work. I'm thinking I'll make some PVC rings with short straps and hook them up to the "you set the width" rotating handles already on there.

Face Pulls:
3x10
Ropes are too short, so these aggravate my wrists somewhat. I'm guessing I'll just deal with this, or possibly switch to inverted rows.

Suped-Up Marching:
5x 4ea
Basically the same as marching, but extending at the hip and knee of one leg for each inhale and flexing back on the exhale. Dramatically harder.

Once classes finish I will probably post some analyses of some "Nuggets of Wisdom" I recently unearthed on Reddit. Foreshadowing: The first thing I look at will come up wanting. Severely, severely wanting.

No comments:

Post a Comment