Friday, April 12, 2013

4/11/2013

Due to time constraints I'm not eating a high-carb meal today - just nursing a shake so nutrient-dense that the powders alone filled a pint glass. I'm pretty sure I could use this in place of LB broth at work to grow bacterial cultures.

Warmup

Squat -
5x 45, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275
1x 315 (x3), 325 (x2), 335 (x3)
I actually had to force myself to stop after the last 335. My quads wanted to keep going.
May have had some knee buckling, not sure. Quad exhaustion contributed here.
Generally awesome, though. Guessing these will shoot back to 345-355 in the next week (if they didn't already - I did technically cut today short. Makes me want to try a more Jamie Lewis style, honestly).
Hopefully this sheds some extra light on why I'm such a disproportionately good squatter.

Pulldowns -
5x 65, 65
3x 65 + 2x 70
5x 70, 70
The weights are climbing.

GHR -
5, 5, 4.75*, 5, 3
*Hilarious 10-second rep of me alternately forcing my hips through and easing up slightly to gain height, while laughing hysterically at how idiotic the whole thing must have looked. Took an extra-long rest after this.
At least I know I'm not going into posterior pelvic tilt here - it's literally just preventing my low back and hip flexors from taking over.

Curls -
10ea - 20s (x3)
Lots of rest-pausing here. It's insane how vascular I get when doing these.
(alternating dumbbell)

No comments:

Post a Comment