Sunday, May 8, 2011

2011-05-08 Squat and Press

I'm losing weight. My initial solution to this will be to cut down on the ribs (expensive and hard to eat in bulk) and add another chicken meal each day.

Warmup: As usual

Squat: 45x2, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275
310lbs - 5, 5, 4
I can promise absolutely nothing with regards to depth here, because I was alone and wasn't getting any kind of stretch in my groin on the way down. I credit this to stretching my groin out every 15 minutes or so on Thursday...or possibly every single rep being high. Pretty sure most of the work reps were there, but I can't say for sure.
My quads were the only part that seemed to be close to giving out today; this may be because of sled dragging yesterday (they were certainly a lot more lactic acid-filled than anything else besides my calves), because the reps were high, because I'm not sitting back properly, or because they're actually a limiting factor. If it's the sled work, nothing changes; the middle two I can test as soon as I have a camera again.

Press: 45, 95
137.5lbs - 5, 5, 4
Form wasn't as good as usual, but still tolerable.

DB Rows:
95lbs - 5/5, 5/5, 4/4
Pretty sure my ROM was less than I'd like, but I got great lat engagement so I'm not particularly concerned.

Weighted Plank:
55lbs - 3x30sec, 1 minute between
Took the number of sets down today. I dunno if I'll do a 3, 5, 3, 5-> arrangement or just stick with the 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment