Monday, May 16, 2011

2011-05-16 Dead and Bench

Warmup - Usual

Deadlift: 135, 185, 225, 275, 315
375lbs - 5, 5, 3 (4F), 1
If I get my hips low enough during setup, the reps are slow but otherwise relatively easy.
My hips started too high on the failed rep.
Got some video upcoming for these, including a recorded message to you guys RE: what to do from here (mostly in terms of accessory work).

Floor Press: 45x2, 95, 135
200lbs - 5, 5, 4
Locked out the 4th one much faster on the right than on the left, so I figured a 5th would probably be a poor choice.
Hoping to get this to upwards of 225 before I switch back to Bench.
First set had a terrible feeling along my right clavicle. Went away after I stretched my shoulder out.

DB Row:
75lbs - 5/5
80lbs - 5/5, 5/5
Switched down to smaller DBs in light of changing the day for the lift. I think I'll rely exclusively on the DB Handle in future and stop using the gym's heavier ones; the thicker handles kill my lat engagement and it's annoying to lug them from room to room.

GHR:
BW - 3x10
See video comments when they come out.
Need to stretch my calves before and during these.
Last few reps were huge grinders, so I'm redoing bodyweight next time.

Face Pull:
3x12 - 10lbs
Seems like something I was doing before but am not doing now was important for getting symmetrical back recruitment on the bench. Assuming it was Face Pulls, at least for now.
Need to up this to at least 15lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment