Sunday, May 1, 2011

Diet Changes

Starting carb cycling on Monday. Won't be able to tomorrow for scheduling reasons (i.e. I intend to only be awake for around 12 hours).

I've decided to try the following and tweak once I see how it affects me mentally:
Training Days: High-Carb
Morning: Gallon of milk
Somewhat Later: Rice and 1/2lb ground beef (or rough caloric equivalent via chicken, lamb, pork, etc.)
Later Still: See previous, plus fruit (8oz strawberries + 2.25oz blackberries)
Post-Workout: ~1.5lbs chicken with skin (i.e. one package of Costco chicken thighs)

This totals to about 6,000kcal. If necessary I'll tweak it around, probably by adding more "pure" carb sources and reducing the milk. The pre-training portion is roughly 45/20/35 carbs:protein:fat, which is probably decent. Ideally I'd like something closer to 50/20/30, but whatever.
Cost - 3+2+2+1.5+1.5 = ~$10

Conditioning Days: Medium-Carb
Morning: ~1.5lbs chicken with skin
Pre-Conditioning: fruit (see above)
Post-Conditioning: ~0.75lbs of sweet potatoes
Rest of Day: Rack of Ribs (~2.5lbs)

Totals to roughly 4,500kcal. Meat choices subject to tweaking.
Cost: 1.5+1.5+10+X = probably around $15 (X = cost of the sweet potatoes; apparently they're ~$2/lb at Safeway)

Rest Day: Low-Carb
Same as the conditioning day, but sans the sweet potatoes and possibly the fruit. Total of around 4,300kcal. Literally a 70/30 split of Fat:Protein.
Cost: 1.5+10 = ~$12

Cost per week should be around $80. Hopefully, this'll allow me to hit 220 without girlfriend-repelling levels of fat gain. After that, I plan to stay around there until March Madness, compete in the 220s, cheat like a beast for the following week, then reduce my caloric intake in pursuit of visible abs.*

*for BF% goal reasons, not because I care about having visible abs. I figure visible abs is the leanest and thus (hopefully) the potentially-strongest I'm likely to get at 200. I consider them a very acceptable casualty in the very-likely event that I give in to my growing urge to compete in the 220s, which will inevitably grow into a similar urge to go up to the 242s. Doubt I'll find myself yearning for the 275s, though.
---
Conditioning will be sled work Hard/Easy/Hard until I get the Farmer's Walk handles and some more plates, after which it'll be Sled Work after Squat Day and Farmer's Walk after DL day.

No comments:

Post a Comment