Sunday, November 21, 2010

2010-11-21 Dead and Bench

Warmup - Rolling w/ Roller and Lacrosse Ball, Dieselcrew Shoulder Warmup w/ 7.5lbs, 3 Sets of Band GMs

Deadlift: 135, 185
3x5 - 230lbs
Easy. I've noticed that having switched back to double-overhand, I set my grip on these the same way a few people (including you...I'm kinda assuming you're the only guy reading this log, lol), do for cleans. It's a bit odd, actually - it makes my setup feel somewhat more solid, but probably makes the lift harder. Fortunately, that's not likely to matter until I'm up around 315, so w/e.
Form-wise, these were...hard to gauge. I don't know if I'm getting my shins close enough to the bar or setting up my upper back properly.

Bench: 45, 95
3x5 - 140lbs
First set was fairly good, second set was really good, third set was pretty meh due to some mild balance/uneven bar lowering issues. First time in recent memory that that's come up, actually.
Got my arch and my lats back, though, so very strong net win.

Pulldown:
3x5 - 110lbs
Figured out the weights of the little blocks for use on the cable stations by...well, using a bosu ball as a scale. That makes two uses for the stupid thing.
These felt fine.

Face Pull:
3x8 - 15lbs
Used one of the blocks to up the weight on this. Somewhat harder than 10lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment