Friday, June 17, 2011

2011-06-17 Squat and Press

Skipped Wednesday for time reasons, didn't go yesterday for relationship reasons, decided to push the deads back because my Squat is (relatively) further from my target.

Warmup - Rumble Roller YEAH, moved up to 8 reps on bridges and glutehams. Bodyweight glutehams are now a complete joke.

Squat: 45x2, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275
330lbs - 5, 5, 3, 1
I'm going to set up an LL-relevant account for my videos.
I really wish YouTube would do an account purge every so often so people who grabbed good names and then stopped using the site wouldn't wind up denying the rest of us. Argh.
The 10 minutes at the bottom of a full squat really helped open my hips up here and let me hit depth very nicely on the warmups. I'm going to do it and the pain cave again later.
That said, it's now hit the point at which my quads are introducing a sticking point. Sucks - I actually have an easier time if I botch the form and GM it up, lol.

Press: 45, 95
147.5lbs - 4, 3, 3
Lost my balance on one of these, lol.

Pull-Ups:
4, 3, 3
My lat activation is getting better. May actually start going for a 5th on the first set soon (lol).

Weighted Planks:
65lbs - 3x30sec, 1 minute between
Will probably start doing these as a push-up plank or something. Need to go back to the 30-second rest periods.

Face Pulls:
20lbs - 2x15
Holy shit Saarni has a weird way of doing these.
Going to stop doing these on training days and just do them banded after conditioning work.

GHR:
+7.5lbs - 2x10
Repeating this, probably for 3x10.

No comments:

Post a Comment