Saturday, June 25, 2011

Diet Updates

High-Carb Days:
Gallon of milk - probably split as a half-gallon in the morning and a half-gallon about 2 hours after training
3 meals of Rice and Mince (1 Cup white rice, 8oz 90% lean ground beef) - at least one after training
Berries (10.5oz Strawberries, 3oz Blackberries) - after morning walk (once I start taking these)
Post-workout shake (45g Dextrose, 45g Maltodextrin, 50g Whey, some salt) - post-workout (duh), not counted towards calorie or macronutrient totals

Med-Carb Days:
Half-gallon of milk - currently doing this in the morning
2 meals of roasted chicken thighs - one before training, one after
Berries (10.5oz strawberries, 3oz Blackberries) - after morning walk (once I start taking these)
Post-workout shake (45g Dextrose, 45g Maltodextrin, 50g Whey, some salt) - post-conditioning, not counted towards calorie or macronutrient totals.

Low-Carb Days:
Half-gallon of milk in morning
2 roasted chicken thigh meals
---
Prospective changes:
If my recovery still seems shit, I may try moving the berries to post-conditioning or taking the walk after the conditioning work on those days.
If I appear to be gaining weight too quickly, I'll start cutting milk from the Low-Carb day and replacing it with nuts or something

Cals total -
Low-Carb and Med-Carb Days: ~4000 (60/30/10 F/P/C) <-Ok, it's not a low-carb day right now. Once my performance is back on track I'll start eliminating milk from low-carb day.
High-Carb Days: ~5400 (30/20/50 F/P/C)

Those are all excluding the post-workout shakes - as far as I can tell, those don't make up for the loss of the calories.

If my performance still seems shit I will ACTUALLY just try going back to what I was doing a week ago (no Post-workout shakes, just milk and solid food) and seeing how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment