Monday, June 27, 2011

2011-06-27 Squat and Press

Warmup - As usual

Squat: 45x2, 95, 135, 185, 225, 275
335lbs - 5, 1, 2, 1
Had some falling forward on reps 4 and 5; the 5th one was bad enough that it was essentially a max-effort GM and completely annihilated me.
If I'd had people there I might have gone for more reps on set 2, but I was alone and tired etc. and my quads felt dead, so I reracked it. The singles were easy, and even the 2nd rep of the third set was pretty tame.
So:
1) Dropping TF2 completely.
2) Returning program to what it was; GHR on Deadlift day and abs on Squat day. Nothing else.
3) Probably cheating a fair bit while I'm in LA for Anime Expo.
If I can get at least 3x4 next Wednesday I'll go up. If I can't, I'm changing the exercise. Need to go in before then to find out if I can leave shit there.
If I start making solid progress again I'll play around with stuff to see what was causing the problem. I think it's just the same old story about my quads sucking, but I could be wrong.

Press: 45, 95
147.5lbs - 5, 5, 4
The fives were fairly hard (probably due to the squats more than anything else) but meh. Going up!

Pull-Ups:
BW - 4, 4, 3.5
Shoulder prehab must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment