Thursday, March 12, 2015

2015-03-12 Deadlift

I'm back. I devoted the last ~7 months (after returning from China) to school and partying. That's mostly an excuse, though - I was at the RSF for 5 of out of 7 years of lifting, and the real issue is probably just that I don't like being away from everyone there (except Wynnie, because serious mental problems).

Warmup - Diesel and Bridges. Next time add bands to the bridges and overhead squats. Possibly bat wings.

Deadlift -
135x5x2 (should be x10)
160x8
185x6
205x3
230x5x3 (hook grip 2nd and 3rd; 3min rest)
These are embarrassingly hard. I've lost a lot of grip strength and abdominal engagement.
Round plates are fun but the trick from the RSF might still be better for staying tight - fully deloading each rep doesn't really train you to stay as tight.

LAPD:
65x8x3
My lats aren't engaging as well here; time to read the article again.

GHR:
2, 4, 5
Calf tightness is back and fucking with my knees. 2 minutes between sets to stretch, damn.

(at home):

Turkish Get-Up:
1x3x3 (each)
(While watching instructional videos)
(Done with the thicker Battlestar attachment for reference)

No comments:

Post a Comment