Sunday, November 10, 2013

2013-11-10 Squat

Every day, rain or shine, even if drunk. Training and socializing will coexist.

Warmup

Squat -
45x5x3
95x5x2
135x5
195x5x3
I'm still moving slowly with these. 185 was a very good choice for starting, and I can see why Nuckols prefers them for Bulgarian.

Pull-Ups -
5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 3, 1
Or thereabouts.
The 5 surprised me. I'm going to start adding one rep per workout, or...something.

GHR -
8x3
Some rest-pausing here. My hips collapse slightly; I now know that this is ok, though I still think what I hit today was a bit excessive. Repeating a few times.

Face Pull -
5x20x3
I may just add pull-aparts and do 50 reps of each each day.

Erg -
1250 meters at ~3:20 pace
1 minute rest
1 minute sprint, roughly 1:55 pace
Focusing on keeping my knees out. Looking at the ChianFu Squat videos makes me think Starett might be off a little here, but I'll take it for the time being.
I need to loosen up the backs of my shoulders; I'll hold off on morning conditioning until I've gotten that sorted out.

I'm going to start keeping a log again; having a book handy helps keep me motivated, since I can see what I've already done and stick with it.

Also, important note on the chins - Make sure to do the scapular depression step first, because if you don't do it then you may never manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment