Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010-04-13 DE Lower

I think I'm going to adjust the schedule so I'm doing the two DE days back-to-back. I don't anticipate serious work obligations on Thursdays until next semester - and know for a fact that I won't have any over the summer, since OChem isn't going to meet on Fridays - but I'd rather have a decent spot.

Dieselcrew Shoulder Warmup

Box Squat w/ Light: 45, 95, 135
12x2 - 185lbs
Easy

Squat Workup:
185lbs - 3
225lbs - 2
275lbs - 1, 1, 1
Not quite as fast as I'd've liked, but easy.

Speed Pulls (Straight Weight):
185lbs - 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Dunno if the bands are really doing it here. I'll know more about any DL strength issues in a couple of weeks.

Front Squat: 3x135 (had this sitting on a nerve in my shoulder, or something similarly unpleasant)
205lbs - 5, 5, 5
Strongly considered taking this for another 2 sets, but...well, that I can do next week.
Doing Front Squats next week as well, then switching over to Rack Pulls for the first three weeks of the next cycle...then 3 weeks Front Squat, repeat until progress stalls and I have to re-assess.

FatGripz Rack Pull: 5x135
6x 155, 165
5x 155
4x 155
Not the improvement I was hoping for, but w/e. We'll see next week.

Fallouts:
10, 10, 10, 10, 10
Took some time to set up the Blast Straps (which are going to stay at "push-up" length pretty much constantly, methinks). These felt like they were doing more for shoulder stability (...when I actually locked my shoulders in properly) than for my abs...right up until I left the locker room and noticed that my midsection was so tired I couldn't push my abs out anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment