Tuesday, April 27, 2010

2010-04-27 SE Lower

On the advice of strong folk on other forums (and sort of on here), I've decided to give speed work a rest for a while and try some Prilepin-inspired SE work. Lining things up with the rest of my schedule put today on the heavier end of the cycle there, but it went very nicely.

Then I got to the ab work and strained a hip. Ow.

...oddly enough, I'm still calling this the most enjoyable training day I've had in a while.

Dieselcrew Shoulder Warmup w/ 5lbs

Squat: 95, 135, 185, 225
7x2 - 275lbs
2.5 mins between sets.
Went pretty well. Hip started acting up a tiny bit but then vanished completely after I made a mild technical fix. Speaking of technical stuff...yeah, technique's getting better.
Yay.

Deadlift: 135, 185
5x1 - 225lbs
Easy (no ****, 5 singles at 60% is easy?).

Front Squat: 135
205 - 5, 5, 5, 1, 5, 5
Yeah, uh. I kinda fell forward at the bottom.
This was the least embarrassing dump of my entire training career, though. I got it back up by taking it down to 135 and then squatting it up after discovering that I couldn't Clean it from the pins. Had I realized I was going to do this, I wouldn't have bothered deweighting. Oh well.

FatGripz Rack Pull:
165lbs - 5
175lbs - 4, 4, 3, 3

Fallout:
10, 10, 9*
*****ING OW
First set was wonderful
Second set was pretty good
Third set I lost control on the 9th rep, veered off to the right, and apparently shredded my already mildly problematic left hip. Athletic Trainer visit tomorrow, methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment