Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two in One

SE Lower

The leg issues came back, but I decided that I wasn't going to let it fuck up another training session. Pretty sure it's a consequence of not rolling my quads, having an inactive VMO, and doing GHRs wrong, so...yeah.

Squat: 95
3x 135, 135, 135, 185, 225
6x3 - 260lbs
Focusing on doing more warming up in the sub-50% range to get form figured out before going for the heavy ones. Today's big lesson was to very intentionally arch as hard as possible on the way down and out of the hole; this did a lot to help bring the bar up in position.

Deadlift: 135, 225
5x1 - 275lbs
Found that these got massively easier if I just accounted for the lack of rolling by lining my feet up so the bar touched my shins in the basic setup position. Still not as easy, though.

Front Squat: 135
1x 215
3x5 - 185lbs
Ick. Guessing this was just me being totally shot after the squats (WTF), but...yeah.

Kroc Row: Warmup x 27.5s
20ea x 50s
Just doing one set of these for the time being. I'm not cheating hard enough, but I'm guessing these'll get better with time.

Rollouts:
3x10

---

Saturday - Extra Workout

Sled: All my plates (I think this 105lbs, plus the 20lbs of the sled itself) x 5 "trips"

First 3 trips were from the corner to the power pole (...WTF IS THIS CALLED, MY MIND IS BLANK AFTER MY SLED-ASSISTED SUICIDE) and back. Those shot me totally to hell, and on the fourth one I pussied out when I got to the pole and did each bit separately. I'm going to go measure this distance in a bit.
Part of the issue here is that there really isn't any long, flat stretch of pavement anywhere near the condo, and the difference between pulling the sled on flat and on a slope is fucking HUGE. Pulling it downhill is barely harder than just walking, and pulling it uphill is like trying to drive with the parking brake engaged.
I'm going to work up to longer distances for a few weeks and then just go buy some 45s.

EDIT: TMI warning, but once I'd finished contrast showering after the sled work, I suddenly started to get extremely horny and am now practically salivating at the chance to fuck my ex's brains out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment