Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011-01-09 Sled and some food stuff

Weight:
173.2lbs

Eating:
Steak and Sweet Potato/Mushroom Sautee/Stir-Fry/whatever
Steak and Sweet Potato, mushrooms done separately
Working on ~1gal milk

Supplements:
Creatine - Check
Fish Oil - Check

Sleep:
[try 1:30 tonight...god, that seems REALLY early]
---
I'm refining my recipe, to the point that I now use 2 pans instead of one.

Grill Pan = for the steak (largest burner+highest heat, cook for 40sec x 2 each side to get the grill marks)
Skillet = for the potatoes and possibly mushrooms (just kinda letting these hang out right now)

Tricks I'm picking up:
1) Slice the potato segment you're planning to use in half (along the axis of the potato). This makes it much, much easier to cut even slices with the Murdering Knife.
2) Mushrooms need to be pretty close to the heat - I'm probably going to just put them on the grill pan after I take the steak off and not bother trying to have them cook alongside the potatoes.
3) Tossing the potato slices with oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder seems to work pretty well for spicing. Might want to add a bit more oil, though...dunno.
4) For the potatoes, use lower heat - I've got them on there for upwards of 5 minutes per side, so why not?
---
Training:

Sled Work - 6 trips, 200ft each, 135lbs on sled, 1 minute between trips

This was a tad botched due to delays before I started the second set and a brief wait halfway through the sixth. I'm going to periodize this somewhat by dropping the number of trips to 5 for Wednesday (if I drag at all - might be in San Diego for arbitrary reasons that annoy me) and counting up from there.

Stretching hamstrings etc. afterwards because my flexibility is embarassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment