Thursday, February 21, 2013

2/21/2013

I think we'll call this one "slow, deep, and hard." On an unrelated note, Type O Negative aren't very good.

Warmup - As usual

Bench -
5x 45 (x5), 95 (x5), 135
3x 155
1x 175, 185, 185, 185
Last 185 was good, but in a "that's the end" sort of way. Decided to bench first because I got in at about 4:30 and wouldn't have been able to use a worthwhile bench otherwise.
Really need to focus on technical development here. The warmups are helping a bit here but there are a lot of subtleties that come up at higher loads and - unlike with the squat - I don't have particularly good body awareness here. I think I have a similar issue with upper back placement on the deadlift so I suspect that I just never cared enough about my upper half to develop it.

Squat -
5x 45 (x5), 95 (x3), 135, 185, 225
3x 275
1x 315, 315, 320, 325
Working on reclaiming my form. 325 was terrible - hit the rack on the way out and reset without stepping back, but already ruined. 315#2 and 320 were both good - remembering not to sit back as much.

Deadlift -
3x 135, 185, 225
1x 275 (x15)
Oh jesus.
My upper back and grip were both shot from yesterday, so warming up for this was just ridiculously unpleasant. When I got into the actual sets it was ok, but I suspect that squatting and deadlifting back to back wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

GHR -
10, 10, 5
Still need to focus on technical aspects here. The trick (as I've probably already mentioned) is to drive your hips through after each rep and then try to hold that for the entire movement. Doing this with a pause between eccentric and concentric is also probably important.
I love how even with the easiest version of this I can make things impossibly hard.

Skipped prehab because I did the one that's now set for today yesterday. Resumes on Saturday. Also skipped stretching because I'm in a bit of a rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment