Saturday, January 25, 2014

Meet Update

It turns out that March Madness is already full, so I'm in for the June 1 States instead. That's pretty great, honestly; it gives me a solid chance at going well past a bare minimum satisfactory total. The numbers goals are off now; with an extra 10 solid weeks of prep, I'll be coming pretty close just with my openers.

I'm thinking:
Squat opener May 24th
Bench opener May 23rd
Deadlift opener May 22nd
21st off
Deload 17th-20th

I'm planning deloads every 4 weeks (last 4 sessions of each), excluding everything in May. That gives us 16 declared weeks with 3 used for deloads (loss of 12 sessions). That's 84 sessions for progress, or 21 per lift, starting with the squat this evening. Deloads scheduled Feb 10-13, Mar 10-13, and Apr 7-10.

Given that my delts seem to be the limiting factor for my bench progress right now, I think I'll stick with Incline Bench and Strict Press until I hit an actual stall, then switch out the stalling one for its alternative and drive that as hard and as long as possible. I'm not sure how I'll handle the Squat and the Deadlift; I've got a ways left to go on deads before I could realistically start to stall out, and I want to have that far left on my squat too.

I'm not totally sure how I'd like to manage the cut. I'm looking at 17-18 weeks to drop 8lbs, so I've got some more time to experiment and see if I can pull it off with diet alone. Cardio distracts from the important stuff.

Oh, and training 6 days a week again. I think I omitted that at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment