Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Preliminary Meet Note

I went and checked over some stuff.

First, it looks like I had one of my numbers wrong - I only have to bench 230 for a meet PR (240 for lifetime). Past performance suggests that I'll want 5x185 if I want to hit that.

I've got 9 workouts left for each lift, plus an extra for deads. I may deload on run 5; I haven't fully decided yet. 9 remaining bench workouts gives me 185 even if I keep hammering incline for another 3, which sounds pretty attractive. Then again, I could also switch back sooner and eat another 3-4 opportunities for progress. An extra 5-10lbs on incline would make a pretty big difference, though.

For the squat and dead it looks good through 315 and 340 (respectively). I'm sort of confused about how I closed that 40lb gap down to 25, but I'm sure it'll stretch out in the long run.

Overall I'm very confident for this competition. My diet's intact (and will hum along nicely once I've sorted out my sleep schedule), I've got plenty of cardio in, and I know how to deal with the psychological hit from my legs being tired. The only thing I might change is returning to post-workout shakes - I vividly remember my Bulgarian discovery that I trained better with icecream, and I don't know if that was a matter of calories or just sugar to restore glycogen. That said, I don't particularly relish being high on insulin for most of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment