Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2010-08-03 Sled

Sled Dragging

7 trips along the usual route. Going to go and measure it while I drink my smoothie.

Amazingly, I felt as though I had at least one more in me and didn't feel as though I'd been hit by a truck. Decided to cut it short and go for the additional record later this week.

Also realized that due to the lack of a belt/harness, I've been dragging hamstring-style, which explains a few things.

I think I'm going to start doing a backwards drag to get it there; right now I do a 2-part backwards trip to get it home again, but I think my quads would benefit from the extra endurance work.

From the signpost - like, the crack in the pavement that signals the start of the actual slabs of sidewalk - to the power pole is roughly 140 feet; take off 10ft for the sled straps, and you get a total trip distance of about 250 there and back, some downhill, some up. With the current weight (115lbs including the sled), that takes me roughly 1 minute.

The last tree before the power pole gives a distance of 100ft accounting for straps, and 200 there and back, so I think I'll probably just start using that as my metric, since it keeps the slope shallower and generally makes life easier. I don't anticipate going to the other side of the road at any time; it's flatter, but it's somewhat higher-traffic because it's where most of the apartment complexes have their entrances (unlike my side, which just has the ass-end doors for my ex's res hall).

No comments:

Post a Comment