Friday, August 6, 2010

2010-08-06 SE Lower

Warmup

Squat: 95, 95, 95, 135, 135, 135
1x2 - 190, 230
7x2 - 280
The change in my conditioning is very obvious; these went by much better than they have in the past, and I'm guessing it's primarily because the muscles had recovered between sets. The uberhigh hamstring and glute volume (sled work) and, assuming recovery, low back volume (training) probably also helped strength-wise, but I think this one's mostly a matter of work capacity.

Deadlift: 135, 185, 185, 230
5x3 - 285
Yeah, I suck at pulling for reps.
Working on form and setup somewhat here; the third rep tends to have the bar swinging out and making it a lot harder than it should be, so I'm working on sitting back properly (but without doing the lumbar lockout thing). Work capacity wasn't quite high enough for these - was fairly tired by the end.

Front squat: 135, 185
215 - 5, 5, 5, 5, 3
Had a HUGE technical failure on the 4th rep of the final set; I actually did lock it out, but then the bar rolled off my shoulders and into my elbows, leaving me in Zercher position for a few seconds before I decided to just drop it (which made a big noise).
Will repeat this as my first on the next cycle. I'm getting better at the form (the dump was due to issues on the rerack, but I just wanted to finish the exercise up, so I didn't redo it...stupid, in retrospect).

DB Row: 20lbs
15ea - 50lbs
Getting a tad stricter on form here. My right side is a LOT weaker than my left.
Going to start doing these for multiple sets, I think.

Skipped out on ab work to free up time to teach Rachel to squat. Her extensive bodyweight squatting experience came in pretty handy here - she's doing it pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment