Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2010-08-11 ME Upper

Reviewing for OChem final; only had time to do the ME exercise. Ironically, it took a good bit longer than usual.

Warmup
Bench: 45, 45, 95, 95, 135, 135
2-Board:
3x 135, 135, 185
1x 200, 225
0x 235, 235
1x 200
I almost died today.
Like, literally. My wrists cocked straight back the moment I started driving the first 235 attempt off the board, and threw the weight STRAIGHT at my face. Saba caught it, got it back on the boards, and with the help of the random guy we had holding it got it back in the rack. I think that's got to be about the 3rd-nearest-death-experience I've (possibly 2nd, given that one of the other 2 wasn't so much "near" as it was "Guaranteed if I hadn't acted otherwise").

Eric bailed again, this time ostensibly because his partner has a final tomorrow. Oddly enough, so do I, although his is in an objectively harder class, so...
It's amusing that I am now the one feeling very skeptical and judging him, because, as I may say to him if he apologizes for flaking, I'm hearing a whole lot of excuses, seeing a whole lot of crap, and getting a lot of strong impressions that he's a pussy who has no idea what he's doing. Urgh. I liked having the four-person team - we were on-task, effective, and overall just better than only having two guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment