Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2010-08-04 ME Upper

2-Board for the first time. I like this movement.
Eric and his friend appear to following our lead for ME Upper, though it looks like they'll either take some convincing or else not be on board for the SE days. This annoys me somewhat; Eric's experienced enough that speed work probably won't have a negative effect on his training, but his friend's very new, and I think it's a tad irresponsible to have him trying to squat fast when he can barely squat at all. His bench form improved tremendously (well, his 2-board form) off of having us there to run him through and make sure he practiced the motion, and I have a strong suspicion the same would hold true for just getting in the squat and deadlift volume. But whatever.

Warmup

Bench: 45, 95, 95, 135
2-Board:
3x 135, 165, 185, 195, 205
1x 215 (failed second rep)
2x 215
Missed the second rep on what should have been a fairly solid triple because I let the bar drift too far down. It's a tad hard to preserve my groove properly on 2-Board, but we'll work on it.
Pretty sure this means I'm getting 230 or possibly 235 next week. Yayz.

Dips: 10
45lbs - 6, 6, 5 (failed 6th...at the very top, ARGH)

Lat Activation Pulldowns:
3x10 - 90lbs
2x10 - 75lbs
Need to review the article. Probably start next week with 90.

Rear Delt Flyes:
5x10 - 17.5s
Retaking at the start of the next cycle. And this one's actually noted in the book now, so I will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment