Friday, August 13, 2010

2010-08-13 SE Lower

Saba had to lift earlier in the day, and I couldn't make it because I was having a guy come check out my oven. Turned out to be fine, so I celebrated by cooking and eating a 2.5lb rack of baby back ribs.

Squats kinda sucked, and without him there to brighten up the room I found it hard to push myself for an appropriate number of reps on the warmup sets. Deadlifts went fine; my form's improving, which is nice.

Warmup

Squats: 135, 135, 135, 185, 185, 225, 225
5x2 - 290lbs
These just generally didn't go as well as they could have, but I'm going for a 3RM on Monday (need to sleep fucktons this weekend) and then it's the "light" SE Lower day leading into the heavy single.

Deadlift: 135, 135, 185, 225
5x3 - 295lbs
A few of these were harder than they should have - as usual, I set up or initiated incorrectly and the bar swung away from me. The last time it happened I decided to actively fix it on the go and immediately started pulling back, which fixed it pretty much immediately. When it happens, it happens on the third rep, and given that it's doing that even when I'm resetting between reps, I have a strong suspicion it's because of how I initiate more than how I set up at this point.

Rack Pulls (Box 1, Pin 3): 135, 225
5x5 - 325lbs
Finally got these, and they weren't even that hard. My grip was unhappy with me by the final one, and some mild glute complaints from the deadlifts turned into a mild glute pull (which hopefully won't turn into a serious glute tear overnight or during sled work tomorrow), but the roller got rid of that in a hurry. And then again. 3 more times between the other sets. >.>

Barbell Rows:
10x 95, 105, 95, 85, 85
Wider grip and trying to focus on pulling my back together rather than engaging my lats. Was definitely feeling good after the 4th set. Grip's currently at about an inch into the knurl.

Fallouts:
3x10

No comments:

Post a Comment