Thursday, June 13, 2013

6/12/2013 - Deadlift Day

Complete Warmup (...except glute bridges, damn)

Deadlift (2 plates):
135x10
185x10
225x10
275x3 +2 (mixed)
315x3 (mixed)
365x5+3 (strapped)
Back position's dying here. I think I may drop down only one mat at a time here (ie take 5 weeks to drop the rest of the way). I might even take it up a bit.
This also makes me think I should take it slower with the progressions once I've got the mats - ultimately since we're hitting both reps and weight here, there's probably not much of a progress drop. 5/8" probably is a decent thickness, actually. For the time being, I'm taking it back to 3 plates and working down one at a time. The big thing for me is that we're looking for 10-20lbs per cycle on bench - getting 45lbs per 8 weeks on deads (on average) would be ridiculous, and since I'm set on 365 as a starting point this is where it is.
Well, that or I could just drop to 315 and keep going from where I am. That doesn't sound too dumb, actually.

Stiff Legs or whatever -
195x10x5
Need to work on hip mobility. Not sure if I'm doing these with a safe low back position.

Barbell Rows -
140x8x5
The last few reps of the final sets were probably focusing on my lats above everything else, but I'll deal.

Rollouts -
8, 8, 7, 5, 2 (3F)


No comments:

Post a Comment