Saturday, June 15, 2013

Secondary Important Dietary Note

Bat and slice the chicken (vertically) before putting it on the grill, and/or slice it before marinading.

I currently have a very thick piece that's been on there for about half an hour. For contrast, the supreme I pulled off it cooked through in about five and most of the thinner one I put on after taking the supreme off was done inside of 10 each side.

Honestly, I should probably do some of the vertical slicing before marinading just so it's pre-portioned.

EDIT: Having just gone through the experience of batting out the thicker end of a large breast, I'm inclined to do all of the batting and slicing before I start the marinade.
Speaking of which, use less marinade and either don't score them or make sure it's a hell of a lot lighter than it is right now.

FURTHER EDIT: From watching the one I just hammered out, I'm guessing slicing is probably at least part of the way to go. My guess here is that hammering it out doesn't necessarily reduce the fiber density, so the heat's still experiencing more resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment