Monday, June 10, 2013

General Update for Cutting

I skipped SE Lower this week to make it easier to adjust my schedule. The new version (probably starting a bit later in the week rather than immediately) has me doing conditioning work on all of my off-days.

Conditioning here is the same for all days (at least in my current thinking) -

Monday - Lunchtime/Afternoon Conditioning
Tuesday - Evening ME Lower
Wednesday - Lunchtime/Afternoon Conditioning
Thursday - Evening ME Upper
Friday - Lunchtime/Afternoon Conditioning
Saturday - Evening SE Lower
Sunday - Evening SE Upper

Conditioning in this case runs the full gamut of Sled Drags, Farmer's Walks, Push-Ups, and TVA exercises (probably just Stomach Vacuums). I may also get a rope for rowing the sled. Farmer trips may stay on the shorter end, particularly since I'm still hard up for good collars and it's a pain in the ass when the plates slip.

One trick here could be to drag the sled "there and back," farmer's walk "there," and then rope-row the sled to the new resting point. This is a tad limited by rope length (longest I can get from EFS is 50 feet, and 100ft of any rope could be a huge pain to store...though I guess there's always my trunk). For now I can probably just row the sled using the basic straps, honestly. I can't remember how hard Farmer's Walks hit my quads, but if I'm not satisfied there I can probably do Forward Drag, Backward Drag, Row, Farmer's Walk, Push-Ups or something...or maybe I should just stagger things and not be a lunatic. Kettlebell swings also come to mind as something I could to cut down on space and time (and for them I could honestly just omit the sled and carry work altogether and just do those plus push-ups, but I'm skeptical of this idea).

I'm also going to integrate more soft tissue work and stretching, especially for pecs, quads, calves, hamstrings, and glutes. Also put Glute Activation back in my warmups and do suitable prehab the way I said I would. I've also got some general mobility stuff I should do, and I'm guessing that'll fall heavily on the conditioning days - in particular, I need to sort out my side-to-side imbalance in hip rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment