Monday, June 10, 2013

6/9/2013 - Submax Bench

Warmup (mostly shoulder rolling)

Bench -
45x5x3
95x5x2
135x3
155x3x7
Focusing on touching a bit higher. I may have to take my grip out a bit to facilitate this, and I think the effect will be positive in the long run. Remastering the technique may take a while, though.

Press -
45x5x3
80x5x2
115x5x5
Took my grip out a bit further so I could get the bar down to my collarbone - now it's about a finger's width inside of the rings. The last rep of set 5 took me back to my old quad cramp days (which are probably coming back next cycle), but everything's good besides that.
I did the second set without breathing. It was pretty cool.
Hitting the floor press next week - starting at 150lbs, which should make for some fast early progress. I'm pretty sure I can match my pressing progress here.

I also made a note to lower the pitch of my exclamations.

Blast Strap Push-Up -
10, 6, 3, 3, 3
Had some lockout issues on several of these, but at least I finally hit 10 serious reps on the first set. I may cut these at 10 reps per set in the future.

Pulldown -
105x12, 6-8, 6, 5, 5
Focusing on lat activation makes counting a pain in the ass. I may have to start filming these for an accurate count.

Plate Halo -
25x10ea
These are getting easier on my triceps tendon, so I may actually push to the full rehab protocol fairly soon. Doing the halo relatively high on my head helps.
I'll try doing counterclockwise first next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment