Saturday, June 22, 2013

Ok, so, that didn't work out so hot

The big problem with doing this with chicken is that it's a huge pain in the ass to eat the amounts I'm after. I'm probably stuck with chicken for this weekend, but after that I'm just going back to a modified straight-up predator approach (partly for financial reasons).

So basically (using current training schedule and assuming no conditioning, because that's just not happening right now given my work schedule):

Monday - Protein sparing modified fast (12x25g protein shakes - probably two bottles x6 scoops)
Tuesday - 5-6 shakes throughout the day, low-carb medium pre-workout, 2lbs beef ribs + fruit post
Wednesday - PSMF
Thursday - 5-6 shakes, low-carb medium pre-workout, beef ribs and fruit
Friday - PSMF
Saturday - 5-6 shakes, low-carb small pre-workout, low-carb medium post-workout
Sunday - No shakes. Small low-carb meals throughout the day, then a 2-3 hour high-carb refeed after training (which should be in the early-to-mid afternoon)

The rationale here is actually pretty simple:
This is roughly how I dropped weight last time, I've just reduced the weekly calories and upped the protein
My lifts are usually awesome the day after a modified fast (so I may switch upper and lower days around)
I train better on a moderate meal (possibly with some more carbs in it)

I may look into training in the morning rather than at night just for convenience.

Shakes will be a 3-4:1 ratio of whey to casein (because whey's cheap and casein isn't) with salt (I'll figure out an exact dosage at some point) and mint extract (also for this). I'll probably make some kale chips on the side, too.

I'll look into getting some offal to integrate with the rest of the meals; I'll be taking a multivitamin (and glucosamine and fish oil), but offal is important in cooking and I need to get a taste for it regardless.

The refeed will be an actual serious cheffy meal (and Sunday will probably be chef day, honestly) with potatoes, rice, etc. as the main carb source.

EDIT: Oh, right, the financial justification. Protein via powder comes out to something like 2.2c/g, whereas from chicken it's more like 3.4c. Ultimately this means I can realistically get in an entire month (disregarding Sundays) for $200-250, which is pretty nice considering that's currently what I have budgeted for chicken alone.

If I go the Chicken Thigh route for the small pre-workout meals, I may wind up adding a solid meal to the end of each PSMF just to avoid spoilage. Then again, I might as well just go back to butchering whole chickens given how quickly I'll be using up the parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment