Monday, July 8, 2013

2013-07-07 SE Lower

Also refeed day. Opened with the old BCC recipe from below (Maitake instead of Chanterelle), went on with a stuffed pork chop since Mark never called to cook together, then followed up lifting with 2 bananas and Beef and Tomatoes over Pan-Fried Noodle from Daimo. That last one is very good and fairly cheap (10.90). $20 total - nice, given that the rest of the week works out to about $5 after shakes.

Warmup - Fullbody rolling (some calf emphasis), gemini, shoulders

Overhead Squat -
45x5x3
70x5x2
95x5
Fairly hard. I think I'm going to prioritize getting some decent Oly shoes; the grip alone should make a huge difference.

GHR -
5, 5, 5, 5, 3
4th set should have cut at 4.
These get a lot harder with an organized spine.

Barbell Row -
135x5x5
Working on loosening up the pec minor et al to see if it helps with the shoulder stuff.

Front Squat Hold -
285x 30, 30, 30, 22, 28
I figured out a good setup here (face into the rack and just look at my phone to time).
I'm going to experiment with straps and mobilizing here.

Plate Halo -
25x10ea
Retiring this; now it hurts both elbows. I'll figure out another rehab thing.
---
Programming update:
I only lost ~2lbs this week; I've decided to up the overall thermic effect by coming in on my off-days and repeating the previous day's lifts with lighter weights (skipping or replacing hard stuff like GHRs).

I'm also going to see how bad the imbalances are, remedy them, and do more soft tissue work.

No comments:

Post a Comment