Wednesday, February 5, 2014

2014-02-05 Deadlift

Warmup, plus some voodoo floss for left elbow

Deadlift -
135x5
155x5
175x5
195x5
215x5
235x5
255x5
275x5
295x3
315x5x3
I got some thigh socks at CVS today; they slip around inside my kung fu slippers, but work really well with regular dress socks on the outside. I might add a second layer of one or both of those.
I've let my stance drift backwards a bit recently (resulting in really bad shin tears). I taped up my scabs and moved my feet closer, and deads are suddenly a lot less painful. Interesting.
I did the last set continuously; the others I stepped back a couple of times.
Right now I'm basing my rest periods off of songs. Since its always the same playlist, we've got:
3.5 minutes going into last warmup (~2:45 of Get Your Walk On, ~0:45 of California Love)
3.5-4 minutes going into first work set (~3:00 of California Love, ~0:45 of Until I Collapse)
3.5-4 minutes going into second work set (~3:00 of Until I Collapse, plus ~1:00 of Lose Yourself)
5-5.5 minutes going into third work set (~3:30 of Lose Yourself, ~2:00 of Fat Lip)
That's consistent for everything, which makes me think I should try to stagger things out a bit (or just do multiple playlists based on timing) so I've got some more options (other lifts might want to go faster, deads it looks like I should be looking for 5 minutes).

Pull-Up -
6, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6
Very long rests here (spent a good 5 minutes chatting with Wynnie headed into the last one), but I'm getting happier and happier with my progress on these.

Barbell Rows -
135x8x3
These seem to hit my mid-back harder if I add some momentum on the way up.

BPA - Mini*100, 50

Quad Voodoo Floss (7ft) - Some, semi-successful (kept slipping over hamstring knot)
Couch Stretch - 2m/position
Tennis Ball Upper Back - 10 "reps" of 4am-12pm, 5 different zones
Thigh Voodoo Floss (21ft) - 10 "reps," excellent feeling

I think I'm going to change up the diet (shuffle the pork and beef meals forward to replace breakfast, do something with chicken breast somewhere); I'm really not digging omelets in this kind of volume, and I can afford to explore more meats. I'm also going to start mixing up the vinaigrette before I add the salad (either in the bottom of the bowl or once every day or so) so I can get a better idea of how many calories I can drop without killing my desire to eat vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment