Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2014-02-10 Incline Bench

Warmup

Incline Bench -
45x5
55x5
65x5
75x5
85x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
125x3
140x5, 5, 4, 1
I skipped the caffeine today and didn't really get into the music. I did put my headphones in to help block the world out, but I don't think I'll bother with that again; the boost wasn't honestly that great.
My right shoulder still refuses to set into place; I can get it close with some careful setup, but properly locking down seems out of reach right now. The 5th reps for the first two sets both involved a lot of side-to-side imbalance and twisting, which has me standing by my decision to switch back to flat bench.

Pull-Up -
8, 7, 6, 6, 6
I don't know if I'm just losing weight or actually getting stronger better at these, but I do know that I'm happy with what's going on here.

Front Raise -
22.5x8
20x8x3
I realized after doing these that they're really stressing my shoulders (and the left more apparently than the right, actually). I may just switch to Arnold Presses (or modify the movement path, or...etc.).

Uni Preacher Curl -
22.5x8x2
20x8
I did my best to pause every one of these.

Band Pullapart - Mini*110
I think I'll start doing face pulls again.

Couch Stretch - 2m per position with a bonus minute on the right. I discovered that pushing my foot out slightly got the stretch to hit right on the "pain line," so I'm pretty into the idea of getting that done.

No comments:

Post a Comment