Thursday, February 20, 2014

2014-02-20 Deadlift

Warmup

Deadlift -
135x5
155x5
175x5
195x5
215x5
235x5
255x5
275x5
300x3
325x5x3
The last two warmups felt pretty bad, but the work sets flew up (like, "didn't bother to breath on set 2"). I credit this to a combination of rest, chalk, and the shout before each set. I'll have Wynnie take a frontal video to check for symmetry issues, but the rep speed here was still ridiculous.
I also didn't bother with music between sets; I put it on for the minute or so leading up, but just paced around waiting to go again for the rest. Focused intensity beats angry enthusiasm.

Pull-Up -
7, 7, 6, 6, 6
I may have done an extra set here; got distracted chatting with a guy from Sigma Pi.
My lats and low back were pretty sore today (presumably from flat bench), and I've been doing sets of 3-6 randomly at home. Regardless of the PR status, I'm happy that I can consistently hit 6 reps now.
(Low back soreness didn't seem to affect deads).

Barbell Row -
140x8x3
Repeating. I'm trying to shrug a bit more here to help simulate an exaggerated deadlift, though right now it feels like I'm just getting better at keeping the bar close with my lats.

Front Squat Hold -
315x30, 30, 25
My upper back failed on the last set. I may start just strapping myself to the bar while I get my elbows and wrists mobile.

Left due to time constraints. I lost some time looking for one of my deadlift socks, and wasted a bunch talking between sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment