Monday, January 21, 2013

1/20/2013

Warmup

Overhead Squat:
5x 45, 70
May be dropping these (at least the 70), at least for the time being. I don't think they're doing much for my shoulder's health. See more on that below.

Squat:
5x 95, 135, 185
3x 225
1x 275, 315, 325, 325
Seems like 3 serious reps per day worked last week, so we'll stick with it.

Bench:
5x 45
10x 45, 45, 45
Decided to repeat what I did last time (because it worked last time), only since I'm benching up to 7 days per week I can be a bit more aggressive about it. Basically, resetting to 3x10 and starting at 45. Adding 5lbs per day for a bit, and continuing this until my shoulder feels better; then I'll probably drop to 3x5. Not sure how long it'll be before I switch back to singles; I doubt it'll be much more than a month.
I'm also going to add in chins once the shoulder's feeling a bit better (probably by the end of the week), since doing lots of good chins helped before and I need to get better at them regardless. These will probably be in addition to lat pulldowns, though I may trade them off by day.

JM Press:
10x 45, 45, 45
...but that's no reason not to get better at benching. I'll do some research to look into rep ranges for these, because it's possible I could just go with heavy triples or fives.

Curls:
10x 17.5, 20, 20
Required some rest-pause. These I won't repeat daily (versus the JM Press, which I very well might).

Face Pulls:
10x 10, 10, 10
Trying to hold at the top.

Further ideas in notebook. Possible final arrangement:
MWF - Front Squat, Bench Alt (probably Press, possibly Floor Press), Barbell Row } max triples, GHR, Prehab
Others - Squat, Bench, Deadlift (lighter) } singles, chins, prehab

No comments:

Post a Comment