Friday, March 7, 2014

2014-03-06 Push Press

Warmup

Push Press -
45x5
55x5
65x5
75x5
85x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
130x5x3
I forgot that 115 was supposed to be a triple. 130 wasn't as light as it could have been (no yelling or really drastic changes in mental state), but it moved fast. I have a strong feeling I'm good for continuous progress next cycle (135->150).

That said, I did notice that it took me some time and effort to get activated here. I think it's time to just sacrifice my inhibitions and start taking caffeine again; if I get to the gym when I plan to, I should still be able to sleep afterwards.

Pull-Up -
8, 8, 7, 7

Front Raise -
20x8x3
All sets done continuously.

Decline Tricep Bar Extention:
+25x8x3
I "weighed" the bar using the cable setup; I think I'll do it again and compare to various dumbbells, just to be sure. Right now it looks like 20lbs, but I suspect we're getting thrown off by the friction.
Either way, I'm repeating this one next time. The trick seems to be touching the bar to my forehead.

Couch - 2m/ea
Face Pull - 5lb*15*3 (3 second holds)
LAX Ball UB

"Cheated" on diet somewhat this evening with Kettle Corn instead of fish&rice. That drops my carb intake a little, ups the fat, and basically kills the protein for dinner. I followed up with an apple for fullness.

No comments:

Post a Comment