Thursday, March 13, 2014

Possible Program and Diet Revision

I realized earlier today that as of 12am Saturday, I'm basically on holiday. That might come with an asterisk from working at Habitat for Humanity, but it still leaves me very open most days. The guaranteed takeaway there is that I'm going to be sleeping plenty this time around.

From that, I'm considering splitting training up into AM/PM segments (possibly AM/Lunch/PM for Monday and Friday). This has several bonuses (greater elevation of metabolic rate, get to lift with the morning crew, split cardio and lifting up to reduce catabolism, further increases frequency, etc. - hell, the lunch thing would jump it to 12 workouts per week).

I see three drawbacks, though:
1) I'll have to wake up a little earlier, get more warmed up, etc.. This might be difficult at the beginning.
2) I may want to add in some additional carbs in the morning and otherwise revise the diet, which could be annoying. I don't have a huge problem with splitting the carbs up, but editing meals to optimize performance could be annoying. That said, I'm not going to change breakfast unless it really seems to make a difference. Post-training meal might benefit from some carbs, though.
3) Dealing with the staff on deadlift days might be inconvenient, though if that does come up I've got options (move deadlift sessions around, etc.)

Light cardio on my off days would also be useful to speed recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment